Transplant fellows convene or participate in a number of conferences:
- Kidney Transplant Conference, held weekly, is a patient management conference in which inpatient and pre- and postoperative care is reviewed. Candidates for kidney transplantation are selected.
- Liver Transplant Conference, held weekly, is a patient management conference in which patients are selected for liver transplantation.
- Immunology Seminar, conducted weekly, keeps the clinical faculty updated on immunology. Basic immunology and current research are presented.
- Immunology Lab Conference, weekly, reviews current research in transplant immunology.
- Morbidity and Mortality Conference, weekly, examines complications in surgery, including transplant procedures.
Additionally, if interested, fellows may enroll in graduate-level molecular biology and immunology courses administered by the various departments of the School of Medicine.